Sunday, January 06, 2008

Gramps and Gramcracker

I had dinner tonight with my paternal Grandparents. I call them Gramps and Gramcracker. They had yet to see my house, so they came over for dinner...They brought over beautiful flowers (pre-cut and in a vase--always planning ahead!) I "made" tortellini in chicken broth. It was so warm and delicious for a cold rainy night. I don't have a dining room table, so we stood at the bar between the kitchen and living room...they were such good sports about it!

We talked about Kenya plans...and then looked at a world map to show where Kenya is in relation to CA...to show typical flight paths, and even to show where Kitale is in reference to Nairobi.

After the geography lesson we ate some ice cream: Cherry Garcia, Vanilla and Chocolate Fudge Brownie. With dessert came a visit from my dad!

We sat around and talked about music and movies...then took a few pictures (of course)...I was wearing pajamas because my jeans were soaked from the rain (one of the best things about grandparents is that you don't have to try to impress them!)





They are driving home in the rain right now...I sent them an email saying I was hoping to have blogged before they made it home...I think I've succeeded.

Love you Gramps and Gramcracker! Come over anytime!

2 comments:

kayla rae said...

That is my very favorite thing that you "cook"! So delicious...

Jessica Torres said...

I'm jealous...you have really great grandparent nicknames!