Thursday, January 10, 2008

Eat Your Heart Out Olivia Newton-John



Tuesday morning, I went running around the lake by my house. I am new to the whole running thing, but it felt really good to get out and exercise.

Yesterday, I set my alarm to get up, but I was so sore from the one day of running that I opted to sleep in.

Today, I went rollerskating around the lake instead. I passed a ton of people who did not know what to do with the skates...They were talking to each other and laughing at me....then they would smile at me as if they hadn't just been laughing. I also passed a group of young construction workers who stared at me as though I had three eyes...

I loved how awkward it made everyone feel...It was so funny to me...
I'm thinking about making it a regular event...please let me know if anyone ever tells you they some "some girl rollerskating around the lake"...

8 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

Let's Get Physical will be the song I sing all day now! I think it's GREAT that you went skating! It's such good exercise and probably easier on your body than running!
I went running this morning too. OK, walking...
And, I kinda even look a little bit like Olivia Newton-John!

Gina Vistaunet said...

Dear Allison Hibbard,

You're lame, and you are just part of the DiLallo family whether you like it or not!!! I over heard two OC Housewives at Ralphs talking about the lame girl roller skating around the lake.

PETE Di LALLO said...

DiLallo's are afraid of nothin'
Skate on princess!

(but Gina's comment is outstanding)

Jessica Torres said...

Oh...I really laughed so hard while reading this...

I love making people feel awkward!

Heather McTaggart said...

Sorry Allison, as much as I wanted to laugh at you...your Aunt Gina is SO SUPER DUPER FUNNY! LOVE LOVE LOVE her comment!

Jen Panunzio said...

Did you know I got hit by a car roller skating when I was 7? So watch out for those cars although I guess it won't be a problem for you since cars don't drive around the lake! :) And the other day Brian & I heard an old song on the radio and he said he used to roller skate backwards to it at the skating rink in 6th grade. So funny!!

Erin Brady said...

I have reason to believe that my Mother has some old skates... :) You know what that means...double the awkward? Please?

Luke St.Hilaire said...

hahahaha the idea of your arms flailing all over the place as your rollerskating is amazing