Saturday, December 15, 2007

Play-Doh

I spent the evening with a 2-year-old boy named Luke.

Luke was a complete gentleman; we watched a movie, had dinner and even played a little baseball.

But my favorite part of the night was our time spent with Play-Doh. I was making a few shapes (snakes, snowmen--you know, the really difficult stuff). At one point, he made a pancake. So I picked it up and, in a series of chomping noises, followed by a YUM!, I pretended to eat the pancake.

His response? "Sometimes I eat Play-Doh"...and put a tic-tac-sized piece in his mouth...

I laughed, he laughed...he spit it out and added it to the "mountain of papers" he was constructing.

He didn't eat anymore after that, but I did catch him licking the paper mountain a few times.

Fellas, take notes...Luke knows how to treat a lady to a memorable Friday night.

3 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

How cute! Snakes and snowmen are my favorite things to make too! Luke is lucky to have shared an evening with you.

The Maguires said...

I still kinda like to taste play-dough, every once in awhile :)

TSHarrison said...

I don't know if I can pull off the innocence of eating play-doh. But if you say so, I'll add that to the agenda of my next date.
Should I spit it out and continue to play with it or should I just man up and down that chunk of doh?