Sunday, December 16, 2007

John Mayer Has a TV Show

Well, he did...for one episode.

In this one episode, they have a panel of girls sitting at a table.
John begins to play "Daughters", asking each one to raise her hand and say "tears" when she feel like she is going to cry. It really is very funny.

So, I laugh at this...thinking how dumb these girls are to cry during this song.

Then, I get in my car tonight and listen to John Mayer...

I refrain from tears during "Daughters", but totally well-up during THREE other songs.

Oh, and it's not like this is a one-time ordeal...these songs get me every time.
Do you think he also wrote that stupid JC Penny commercial that brings me to tears EVERYTIME?

WHEEL:
"And airports, see it all the time/ Where someone's last goodbye
Blends in with someone's sigh/ Cause someone's coming home
In hand, a single rose/ That's the way this wheel keeps working now"


COMFORTABLE:
"I loved you/ grey sweat pants/ No make up/ So perfect
Our love was comfortable and so broken in
She’s perfect/ So flawless/ I’m not impressed/ I want you back"


STOP THIS TRAIN:
"So scared of getting older/ I'm only good at being young
So I play the numbers game/ To find a way to say that life has just begun/

Had a talk with my old man/ Said "help me understand"/ He said "turn sixty-eight
You renegotiate"/ "Don't stop this train/ Don't for a minute change the place you're in/ And don't think I couldn't ever understand/ I tried my hand/
John, honestly we'll never stop this train"

5 comments:

ali said...

favorite thing in the universe. i saw it when it aired on vh1 and i laughed for half an hour UNCONTROLLABLY

Mel East said...

omg omg i love him too! Those are 3 of my favs not to mention slow dancing in a burning room and vultures!!

Julie Hibbard said...

Comfortable always brings a tear to my eye...
You are so cute. That JC Penney commercial was a killer!
:0

Unknown said...

Stop this train gets me everytime. I have to skip through that song when listening to it with other people. My eyes felt a little warm just reading the lyrics on here . . .

joshpease said...

Comfortable is a GREAT song. Look around for a cover done by Matt Cuson ... or wait till I get back and I'll play it for you. Good stuff.