Sunday, October 07, 2007

We were driving up 85...

Here are some photos from the GA trip...and the stories that accompany them:

Our rental car was a Prius. Matt Hall had some difficulty starting the engine and putting it in park; it took three tries every time...very funny.




I was able to experience Cracker Barrel for the first time in my life. These are from our first visit...we returned two of the next three days...and it was tasty all three times...On the second visit the Sartis bought me a sock monkey Christmas ornament. I can't wait to hang it on my tree (well, in December)




Apparently, in the South, there are Chick-Fil-A Dwarf Houses. The front of the restaurant is a small house with a tiny door, which Matt Hall did not have to bend down to walk through.


On Friday night, Rick Warren spoke at the conference. His group invited us (and the Children's team) to meet them for dinner at Pappadeaux. David told us to "go big or go home", so I ordered lobster tail, Matt Hall had Mahi-Mahi, and Leigh had prime rib. I had called out the lobster I was going to eat...so then I had to take a picture to prove that I kicked its butt.






Matt Hall was chilly on our third visit to Cracker Barrel...so I let him borrow my jacket.