Monday, October 08, 2007

25 Finds Me...in 25th Place...

I stole this idea from Josh. I'm going to be 25 in 15 days. This website will show you the accomplishments of famous people at your age.

Here are a few that I feel I could compete with:


P. T. Barnum bought a "160-year-old" slave woman and began a career in show business.

Janis Joplin made her first recording, "Cheap Thrills," which grossed over a million dollars within a few months.

Activist Mollie Steimer became the first person to be deported from both the United States and the Soviet Union.

Here are a few I will not compete with:


Fayette, N.Y. farmhand Joseph Smith founded the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He claimed he translated the Book of Mormon from some golden tablets revealed to him by the angel Moroni.

Chris Burden created "Painting Shoot," which involved the artist being shot in the left arm by a friend.

Charles Lindbergh became the first person to fly alone across the Atlantic, thus winning a $25,000 prize.

Coming tomorrow: 25 Things I Would Like to do While I am 25.

2 comments:

PETE Di LALLO said...

I can hardly wait for the 25 tomorrow...

Julie Hibbard said...

You have done more than any of those people! Make YOUR list...it is really impressive!