Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Irresistable Revolution



I'm reading this book right now. I can't even explain how much I love it. I borrowed it from my friend, so I can't write in it...instead, I've been copying the passages I like on to a drawing tablet by my bed. So far, I have two pages worth.

Here are a few of my favorites so far:

"We do indeed have a God of resurrection, a God who can create beauty from the messes we make of our world."

"I would watch intently, fascinated by their love and compassion."

"What had lasting significance were not the miracles themselves but Jesus' love"

And the passage that, so far, has been the most moving...which I read at least five times and had tears in my eyes each time:

"Two guys are talking to each other, and one says he has a question for God. He wants to ask God why He allows all of this poverty and war and suffering to exist in this world. And the friend says, 'well, why don't you ask?' The fellow shakes his head and says he's scared. When his friend asks why, he mutters, 'I'm scared God will ask me the same question.' Over and over, when I asked God why all of these injustices are allowed to exist in the world, I can feel the Spirit whisper to me, 'You tell me why we allow this to happen. You are my body, my hands, my feet."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, that sounds like a good book. ill have to find it.

E.Money said...

i read that book! its AWESOME!