Sunday, August 26, 2007

This afternoon, as we drove from Austria to the Czech Republic, I did a little reading. Then, as we lunched in a small town, two hours outside of Prague, I sat on a bench and read some more. Alone, on a park bench, in the middle of this small town square, I laughed aloud and then began to cry...but it still was not over.

I read on the bus ride to our hotel (an accomplishment in and of itself, since I have always been prone to car sickness).

I laid in the twin bed, tears streaming, nose running...I couldn't stop reading, out of desire to see the finish...all the while torn since I wasn't ready for it to end.

I finished this afternoon. I loved it. I am so glad that I did not try to read it over the last month of camps...I know I enjoyed it so much more this way.

We can talk about it now, if you'd like...email me...we'll chat.
I can't wait to re-read the whole heptalogy...I imagine I will love it even more the second time through. (And I can't wait for the seventh movie!)

8 comments:

elise! said...

Wasn't it so amazing? I was so mad at Jo towards the end due to Harry's trip into the Forbidden Forest, but was so pleased with the ending. I loved it so much!

I cried so hard after I finished because it is all over...at least I have the movies to look forward to!

Anonymous said...

It was completely amazing?

Anonymous said...

I meant to put an ! instead of a ?. I enjoyed it immensley.

Cathi said...

I have you to thank for turning me on to Mr. HP. So in case I haven't said it...Thank you.

Gina Vistaunet said...

Thank you for putting the link to tell me what a heptalogy was. I would never had know that.

Kate E said...

I just finished on Friday...I read it in three days. I laid in my bed hugging my book for ten minutes thinking about how much I loved this book. Please come home.

Jordan said...

ohh my goodness i loved the last book! it was incredible!!!!!

TSHarrison said...

Heptalogy. Wow thanks for the new word.

What I was most impressed with about this book was the way J.K. was able to revisit/remind us of all previous books without cheesy flashbacks or awkward conversations.

Even while attempting to ignore the plethora of theories I still had some idea of what ended up occurring (trying not to give away to much to the slow readers out there). Nevertheless I found myself sitting in a Chick-fil-a here in San Antonio, while reading the final chapters, noticing my breathing at an unusual rapid pace. I ending setting the book down afraid my tears would get my waffle fries all soggy. I've always cried in movies (not a manly trait I'm proud of, but it's so obviously true that I've accepted it) but this was the first time I've teared up reading a book.

Breath-taking is an appropriate word for Deathly Hallows.

I heard that J.K. has been seen working on a detective novel in cafes around London. Can't wait.