Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Processing...

Every one minute, 21 children die from hunger.
One meal costs 28 cents.

In the time I spent in small group tonight, 189 kids died of hunger.

It would have cost less than $53 to provide each of those mouths with one meal. One meal that could have kept them alive for one more day.

I spent more than $53 at Target last week without really buying anything.
I spent more than $53 on coffee in the last two weeks.
I spent more than $53 on the jeans I wore to work today...and I have at least four other pair in my closet.

It seems silly to say "I'm only one person, what can I do?" because, really, we could all do something.

I can't shake this...

2 comments:

Heather Leith said...

that is really powerful. and so true. one person can make such a big difference.

jessie estupinan said...

So crazy. I think that it is a huge deal, and people honestly don't think about this. I wanna type that up, and tape it somewhere..

alice will soon be on my refrigerator (: