Saturday, May 05, 2007

John and Mariah are Married

Last night, at 5pm, we all watched as John and Mariah said their vows and were announced as man and wife. My favorite part of wedding ceremonies is as the bride walks down the aisle. I love the look on the groom's face as he watches his wife-to-be approach him for the last time as a girlfriend...he knows that when they leave this spot it will be together as husband and wife...John cried a little, Mariah was bawling...

Kurt and Shaun were excellent at keeping the ceremony personal. Kurt had a few stories about each of them, and Shaun even added his own humor toward the end (well done).

I don't have any pictures of the ceremony...my purse didn't match my dress...

Here are a few from the reception (when I could carry my camera and hide my purse under the table)...

David and I were at the same table...


Eric was my wedding date...



Torie is my favorite...



It was a fancy wedding, so I supplied the dresses...


Three old small group girls and a best friend...



After the wedding, we went and saw Spiderman 3. Now, I love comic book-based movies (I even liked Fantastic Four), but I have to say...don't sacrifice story-line and dialogue for action and special effects.

4 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! You look great. Tori is adorable! What a fun time!

Brent said...

Fun. Everyone looks great.

Best excuse: "I don't have any pictures of the ceremony...my purse didn't match my dress."

David T. Ulrich said...

tres-precious.

looks like you guys had fun.

Alanna Moine said...

how is it that I look taller than everyone in that last one. I definitely think that's a first in my life.