Friday, May 11, 2007

I Love the Internet

I have been watching commercials lately. I know what you're thinking: why? I'm watching TV while I'm working, so there's no need to fast forward commercials.

Yesterday I watched this JC Penny Mother's Day commercial and started crying.



Last night at the Witt's, I was explaining it to Allison and Ryanne and started crying again.

Then it came on during American Idol and I cried again. (Seriously. JC Penny?)

All this to say, the emotional response is evoked by the mix of the song playing in the background and these mother-daughter/mother-daughter-grandmother scenes.

I wanted to hear the song in its entirety; completely worth my $.99. I typed "JC Penny Mother's Day Commercial Song" in to Google and found my answer: Joshua Radin "Only You".

It could be considered a "put you to sleep" song, but I find it relaxing.

It makes me want to walk down the street holding my mom's hand. It does not make me want to buy her a Mother's Day gift from JC Penny. (Sorry advertisers!)

10 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

Tears are streaming down my face...
wow. It's a great commercial...and sometimes it feels as if it went by that fast.
You can hold my hand anytime...
Love you so much
The song is very tender

Alyssa said...

that is such a sweet commercial (sweet as in like aww, not oooh cool!)

Heather McTaggart said...

Tears...it has gone too fast in my house. I blinked and they grew up! So quick, so fast, and so fulfilling! THANK YOU for this blog!

Unknown said...

Snap! JG

Brent said...

Awww.

TheHuntsAreRad said...

oh crud... I cried at work... this is a wonderful commercial!

jessie estupinan said...

awhh, this is so cute.

elise! said...

that makes my mom cry too! and even me sometimes... (i cry easily when it comes to sad stuff like that commercial)

Luke St.Hilaire said...

whats the big effin deal. they filmed a bunch of different people holding hands on the street

bunch of pansies

for one, i want that dudes' striped collared shirt. and haircut, maybe

Silver Eye Photography said...

Thank you for sharing your feelings. So wonderful that you are back and get to spend time with your mom. Nancy Ramos