Thursday, May 31, 2007

How to Cure the Blues

Today, I left work a little sad...I had a rough conversation with a friend that just left me feeling a light shade of blue (maybe a cerulean).

The funny thing is, all I could think was:

I want to go to the bookstore.
That will cheer me up.
I don't need anything...
but the smell of books will make me feel better.


This was the monologue in my head...

As I walked into and through Borders I kept thinking to myself, why?
Why do I think books will make me feel better?

I looked at hundreds of book covers. For some reason, if there is a new design on a book I love, I feel as though I need to buy it. For this reason, I own at least five Complete Works of Shakespeare.

I picked up four or five books, and ended up buying two: one for me and one for the friend I talked with today.

I don't know what it is about the smell...but I really do feel better...

3 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

Books are very dear friends. They are always there for you. They hold the story for you and wait to end til you can be there.
They are beautiful and you can take them with you anywhere. They are so diverse and you could never ever have them all. But you can have as many as you like...and new ones come along ever day. The old ones never let you down.
I feel the same way.
i think i'll blog about this too.

b.hurst said...

going to the bookstore is pretty much all i ever do.

last time i was there i started reading don quixote.

PETE Di LALLO said...

Cerulian! You make everthing so detailed...I had to look up the attachment to verify if Cerulian is even a word...didn't have time to verify but you've got a cute face and I trust you...

now what was the question?