Sunday, April 29, 2007

I'm a fan.



This is Summer Wilshire.

I raced over after church last night to The Vault to see their show. I got there a little too early for them; but in time to see Chemical, Chemical play too.

Each of the guys stopped to say hello to me before going on stage...which I love. (Especially since Allison wasn't able to come with me and I ended up standing by myself against the wall for the first 20 minutes or so.)

They played most, if not all, of their songs. My favorite is Robber. (I think that is the crowd favorite...and I'm pretty sure the band is hating the guts of that song right now.)

This post is setting me up to be somewhat of a groupie, I feel as though I have every right to be.

I have known each of these boys since they were little kids...and that makes me the proud mom standing in the back. Judy Hughes, Linda Owens and me...beaming with pride at little Marky and David and Jared. (Jared, if you're reading this, your cute high harmonies were one of my favorite things about the show.) Boys, I am so proud of who you are. You were each talented musicians at 11 and 12...and now you are even more so at 17, 18, 19.

What I love the most about these guys is the obvious fun they are having on stage. No one is taking themselves too seriously. At one point last night, Brad fell on his back and was sliding around with his guitar...and the look on Luke's face said it all. These guys are friends that love music and love each other. Jared's silly jokes, Brad's ridiculously low-cut shirt, Luke rocking so hard that his glasses fell off, Marky standing up on the table where the speakers stood...

To top it off, I got in the car last night at turned on their CD. I know, what a loser.

Guys, I love you. I am a total fan. Mostly because you are such great guys...but also because you make great music.

6 comments:

Heather McTaggart said...

Hey Allison...the over-protective mom in me doesn't let Holly go to concerts unless I am well aware of who she is going to be hanging with (preferably older than she)! So, my point is...she IS a Summer Wilshire groupie and proud of it...she would love to tag along if you ever need a warm body to stand against the wall with you!

Brent said...

You could have hung out with me, instead of standing by yourself at the wall. Sorry.

Josh(ua) Treece said...

I could not agree more. I'm mega proud of these guys too. AND, we're having them back down to our church in May!

Allie said...

Jeez, I'm sorry I couldn't go! Sounds like a sad 10 minutes by yourself...a good growth moment :)

Love you Chubs.

Luke St.Hilaire said...

ok few things

1. awwww
2. since when can anyone call anyone "chubs" and get away with it
3. glad you came
4. wildside was to fun
5. the word verification is rtyorqz
6. so does that mean your comin to this fridays show?
7. awwwww
8. i was wrong the word ver. its now hskxr which reminds me of husky

David Hughes said...

a few things:


1. awwwwwww

2. I wish I got to play in wildside

3. word verification is jbhvl

4. brad thinks "un-blog-evable" is "haha...so allison!"

5. i like that heather mctaggart has a blog

6 I like that mctaggart in facilities language is pronounced, "McCheeseburger"