Monday, April 30, 2007

I Judge Books By Their Covers

Yesterday, wasting time before the last service, Katie and I went to Target.

I have about a dozen unread books on my list, but I can't find one that will launch me back in to my love for reading. Once I finish a book I loved, I can pretty easily jump in to another, even if it is slow to build.

Walking through the DVD section (picking up Wayne's World for $5.50), I remembered that Target has a "Recommended Reading" section.

I scanned through the title and picked up ON BEAUTY by Zadie Smith. Take a look at the cover. Seriously, doesn't it grab your attention? It seems like it would be good.

I'm only 10 pages in, but so far, I like it.

They always say, "Don't judge a book by its cover." Apparently "they" don't really know what they are talking about.

2 comments:

PETE Di LALLO said...

A good 'blog for ending the day'...

judging a book by it's cover can mean lost opportunities to read our collection of "The 100 Greatest Books Ever Written"...
all the books are leather bound; the covers are identical except for the color with titles printed on the spine...not very fancy; can not be judged by their covers; elegant...
the 'ON BEAUTY' cover is beautiful...

Brent said...

Good point Pete.

There are exceptions to most rules.