Thursday, April 26, 2007

Embrace Your Inner Child

In the last week I have been reminded, yet again, about how much life really doesn't change after 7th grade...

You still have a goofy side.
You still love to laugh with your friends.
You still judge others based on appearances.
You still have to eat your vegetables.
You still have friends that are tried and true.
You still have some acquaintances that will stay just that.
You still hate being forced to exercise.
You still have a work load that consists of mostly things you love and a few things you hate.
You still have a "teacher" (or seven) in your life.
You still have a deep hatred for changing your clothes in a public place (gym/fitting rooms).
You still have the "butterflies" feeling in your stomach around the man/woman of your dreams (even if you have been married for 15 years).
You still have moments of uncontrollable weakness, when tears are all that will come out, without any explanation.
You still think things are funnier at 2am.
You still give in to peer pressure.
You still misspell words.
You still find a slight thrill in breaking a small rule.
You still have an issue with ridiculous authority figures. ("Yard Duties"/ Ushers, Security Guards)
You still don't have enough money to do everything you want to do.
You still have to go to bed at a reasonable time because you have to get up in the morning.
You still have people you just "click" with.
You still have people you just "clique" with.
You still have the group that thinks they are better than you.
Most of the time, you still feel like they are better than you.

It's funny; I operated under the assumption that life would be different, and somewhat easier, as a grown-up. From where I stand right now, it doesn't feel all that different. Maybe I'm not there yet. Maybe, when all is said and done, I'm okay with that.

4 comments:

Alanna Moine said...

agreed!

Heather McTaggart said...

It is a little different...when your OLD like me! Things are just a little easier to accept...hence.."it is what it is"
THANK YOU FOR SHARING IN THE FUN LAST NIGHT....hope we didn't scare you too much with our humor and craziness! We LOVED having you!

Allie said...

I love it. I'm still a kid FOR SURE!!!

Except I have to pay bills now (boo)

Julie Hibbard said...

I'm not there yet either...and I feel the same about most of those things. Life is fun tho, I'll tell ya that. Never boring...
I really like this blog! Good one.