Sunday, March 25, 2007

Nicknames:

Here are a few nicknames I have adopted over the years...

Alice: I love to be called Alice. Taffy gave me this nickname when I was a JH intern...it is my favorite. It feels like friendship when people adopt it. It is also the way I introduce myself in Kenya.
Toadie: My dad has called me Toadie since I was a baby. Johnny Baker has picked up the habit as well.
Nosilla: Once, when I was little, I wrote my name backward on a Christmas card. My mom's entire family has called me Nosilla (or Nosi)
Nosilla Kitty Woob: My aunt Gina added the "Kitty Woob"...not 100% sure why. Mom? Do you know?
Alli: I was Alli all through Elementary School...now a few people use it; Griff, the McGills--typically the way I introduce myself to kids. All of my friends in London call me Alli.
Allison-ayse: The "ayse" is pronounced as in the end of Mayonnaise, the spelling is from Matt McGill who has called me that for about 8 years.
Chubi/Chubs: My newest nickname, and one of my favorites, given to me by Allison Mc...
AlliHibb: Robby Boyd has called me this for years...and I think there are a few others...
AHibbs: I would type this in to phones so that I would be the first entry...now it is an actual nickname from a few people.
Lovely: McGill calls me this sometimes, but I think it's his new word for female.
Stupid: My friend Ryan McAnlis typically forgoes "Allison" and goes straight for "Stupid"--he tries to speak with an American accent (he's Irish) so it sounds more like "Stoopid".
Cock-a-Doodler: My aunt, Debby, and I have called each other this name for years...
Alli-Poo: Both of my Grandpas call me this
My Darlin': My Grandma, Bum, ALWAYS calls me this..."Hi my darlin' how are ya?"
Best Friend: What Shaun Blakeney and I call each other..."Hi Best Friend"
My Hero: Brad Hartke (from Accounting) gave me this nickname for bringing JH in on-budget last year.

3 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

I LOVE this list!!! So cute!!!

How about your Uncle Rick and Jason? "Hey AlliZon"

"Danielle" is another one...

I am going to call and read this to Bum. She'll love the darlin' part!

JPBarter said...

I had already started refering to you as AlHib, before this list came out...is that okay?

Josh_ewe_a said...

This WAS a cute blog. It just makes you smile...but not me...it makes me ticked off. I don't know why, but I just want to punch babies as I read it. But that's just me. Everyone else smiles.