Monday, March 12, 2007

More Kenya...

I sent an email around last night asking for any photos that would prove I was also on this trip...I received quite a few...still waiting on more. If you're bored of hearing about Kenya, read someone else's blog.

This is Stonic. He's the best. He has been a friend of Steve for years, and has pretty much become the #1 guy on the trip. He's also a Masai warrior, which means he's killed a lion with his bare hands. If anything were to go awry, I'd want Stonic with me. And, he's super smiley...so who doesn't love that?!


Here are a few boys from Oasis of Hope...more on that later...



I did my best to be ready for any picture...






We spent a week in Kitale and stopped in Narok en route to Nairobi. In Narok, we visited a school, an orphanage, and a prison: none of which had a CD player. Luckily, Ryan picked up two songs pretty quickly and was able to accompany.




After Narok, we went on a two-day game drive. I've posted a few of my pictures already...but Josh had a few worth showing:


Two new friends: Rebekah and Ashley. They are teachers at a school in Nairobi. For girls from Nebraska and Northern California, respectively, they were both very cool.



This kid wasn't with our group...but was so cute...



This is Anthony...He's my Kenya friend. He and his dad (Tony, pictured below) and his brother spent the two weeks on various building projects all over Kitale (school benches and chicken coops) and Narok (bunk beds), while his mom worked the camp with us.




Tony, in a Masai home



Steve has been to Kenya countless times. So, as everyone is frantically photographing the animals, here's Steve:



Jitu constantly referred to "double white". In my head, it was a man with white shirt and white shorts...oh no...he was much better than that. And he really liked the hippo pond. (not Jitu, "double white")


Here are a two of my favorite pictures from the game drive:


8 comments:

jessie estupinan said...

those last two pictures are beautiful!!

i absolutley <3 them...

Unknown said...

Fun!

JG

Alanna Moine said...

mmmmm....I miss that Kenyan sky!

Julie Hibbard said...

LOVE those pictures!!!
Keep 'em coming!

Brent said...

Oh Steve.

AJ said...

WHAT ARE PEOPLE THINKING??? OH DOUBLE WHITE!!! Hahahahahaa.

Heather Leith said...

OOH MY SISTER WAS THERE!!

wow.

Heather Leith said...

oh wait. i just posted a comment on the wrong post. i meant to comment on the meagan and MJ post. :) wow heather, your dumb.