Saturday, March 24, 2007

In the Bank

I was wearing a dress, heels and false eyelashes when I went to the bank to get some petty cash for our work event this weekend. The man in front of me--60ish, construction worker look, slightly creepy--was kind of looking at me, but I was a little over-dressed so I didn't think much of it.

The line was moving slowly so a bank attendant came over and asked if he was simply making a deposit. He said, "No, I want lots of money back."

Then, she turned to ask me the same question. My response--before she even begins to ask the question: "Oh, I'm with him...I mean, I'm not with him, I'm just in a similar situation."

Yep. That was my exact response.

He then turns and says "Would you like a compliment?"

I laughed because I was nervous and could not think of another response. He said, (imagine slightly odd, crackly voice)

"You look really nice."

I laughed (nervously) again and said, "thanks."

He then leaned toward me, and said "And you smell great."

Again, unable to respond in any other way, I give a similar nervous smile/laugh and say "thanks"...

Then he chuckles a bit. As does the man in front of him. Oh, and the guy working behind the counter.

6 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

I like him. The kind who makes others feel good. You do look nice. You always dress so pretty. And you smell good too.
Practice saying, "thank you" when you are complimented. It's going to happen a lot.
:)

Heather Leith said...

Ew that is kind of creepy but kind of nice at the same time. But more creepy than nice in my humble opinion.

Matt Jensen said...

Yipes

Brent said...

I'd want to be with him too if he wants "lots" of money back.

jessie estupinan said...

hmm...i would be like, "uhhm...awkward...."

haha, sounds like you looked pretty!!

<3

Jen Panunzio said...

How funny...the other night my friend and I got hit on by some old men who said I looked like Helen Hunt. Gross and creepy!!

Did Matt mean to say yikes or is yipes a word I have never heard of?!