Sunday, March 25, 2007

FRI-SUN

Wow...this weekend has been so full of fun things.

FRIDAY NIGHT a bunch of us went out to dinner at Taco Factory and then played Sardines (reverse hide-and-seek) in the dark until about midnight. It was really fun.

SATURDAY we drove down to San Diego for our JH volunteer staff retreat. We wandered around the city--I had a delicious and super encouraging lunch with Katie at the Nordstrom Cafe. We had dinner at Buca di Beppo...and then headed back to the conference room at the hotel for Wildside's 2nd Annual Generational Olympics. (Winner: Middle Aged Group). After that, I was exhausted (from late-night Sardines), so I headed up to my room to watch a Full House "Jesse Fest" Marathon. When Katie came upstairs, we got to talking and stayed up way too late!

SUNDAY MORNING we had breakfast (I had a Pain au Chocolat) at a cute French Patisserie. It was so delicious! Then we headed back to the hotel for a spin on a church service. There were six stations to rotate through and a short exercise for each. (Example: Renew...spend a few moments in silence. Praise God. Listen.) I was so overwhelmed by God's unfailing presence in my life, by his forgiveness and grace, that I began to cry. It was such a great morning.

Katie, Ron, Brian and I drove back home, stopping for lunch at McDonalds...and now I am waiting for a call from my new favorite friend, Allison, to make some plans for tonight!

More later...

1 comment:

Julie Hibbard said...

Love San Diego! Love Buca! So glad you had a great weekend. Get some rest now!