Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Tonight in Indianapolis

I made my very first snow angel. Ever.

After dinner we were forced to walk home (Griff, Coop and Jake thought we needed to truly experience the cold weather)...it was about 3 degrees and only about 3 blocks. However, I was wearing a T-Shirt and sweatshirt...no boots, no warm jacket...it was very cold.

So there was a fresh snow patch next to our sidewalk and I decided to walk through it. It sounded like a good plan at the time. Then I decided, and was encouraged by friends, to make a snow angel.

I plop down on the ground and fall backward, thinking that it would be grass...it was not: it was a brick path. I continued on with my snow angel, not wanting to give up half-way through my very first attempt...but stood up feeling like I had taken a brick to the head (oh, I did)...

I had snow all over my back, and head...and I could barely feel my hands save for the stinging...

A very memorable first night in Indy...the first of 5, I'm sure. I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

Being raised with "the seasons" is so over rated. Experiencing "brick path snow angel" making assures me that we did the right thing raising you in beautiful south Orange County.
Good luck today!!

Mike Lovato said...

That's hilarious. I'll be there tomorrow to enjoy the cold.

Unknown said...

Sooo ... cold. JG