Saturday, February 03, 2007

From the Archives Pt 2

An email to Katie, 2 weeks into my stay.

So God is totally kicking my butt over here. It's been great. Somehow we (Kaira and I) got identified as the Christians (Which is so great, and probably has a little to do with our talking about our old jobs, or about church or my JH girls...) so anyway, everyone has been tracking us down to have conversations about Christianity. It's been stretching to say the least. I have been trying hard not to step on toes or offend with my responses...or get defensive. I have been trying to ask other questions to make them think about what they are saying or what they already believe...I've never had so many people approach me and ask questions. It's been really cool. Kaira and I talked to a girl last night who said she would love to come and check out churches with us, and would even read Purpose Driven Life if we gave it to her. I think that is a pretty hard hitting book that brings up some issues that we could discuss with her, or point her in the right direction to being reading a Bible. There are also other Christians here who are trying really hard to fit in and so they are not really staying strong...so it's been cool to have them come to us and ask if they can spend a few days with us and not drink or watch a live sex show (seriously, how crazy is that?!)...anyway, I feel like I am having to really walk it now...and know my stuff...a little different from home when I could bring them to Crave and have someone else answer their questions...it's a new thing for me and I am very scared that I am doing it wrong, or not well enough...but I know that if I am ready to be used that God will work through me and He is powerful...

1 comment:

Julie Hibbard said...

Amazing! THIS is why journaling is so valuable! To look back and see where you WHERE, and know what the outcome was from all of that! Singing at the church overthere was an incredible, life-altering experience for you which lead to deep friendships as well.
These are GREAT to read! Thanks for sharing.