Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Unforgettable Souvenir

So, three Christmases ago I went to New York City with Matt Jensen, Ryan Forest and Melanie Hughes. One morning, we headed to SoHo to get Matt a new tattoo. I really wanted to watch because I was interested to see how it was done and judge how badly it might hurt me.

After an hour or so, Ryan mentioned that he would like to get a tattoo since we were already in the shop. The tattoo artist said he had the time...no problem, right?

Wrong. Ryan had decided to get the ultimate souvenir...



Not only was this the funniest thing I'd ever experienced (his quick decision to have this permanently marked on his body), but it was also the most memorable because of the tattoo artist's response.

He said two things:

1) If you're going to take a picture, please don't get my face...I don't want any proof that I had my head this close to a dude's butt.

2) On second thought, take the picture. My girlfriend thinks that all I do is tattoo beautiful women all day...she could see that's not true.

3 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

That is the greatest thing I have ever seen! I have a shot of Ryan up on top of a Suburban, on the side of the highway, on our way to Brian Head one year. He was tying down some stuff up there and stopped to give MY suburban full of people, stopped behind him, quite a memorable pose...
It looked a lot like your picture actually...

Jen Panunzio said...

That is awesome!! I could never be that spontaneous! And I love the comments that the tattoo artist said! Priceless!

Brent said...

Ryan is awesome...and so is that tattoo artist.