Wednesday, January 03, 2007

On my shelf....

Many people posted a list of "New Year's Resolutions"...some called them areas to focus on, others a simple "to do" list.

My resolution (singular) was mentioned a few weeks ago. I would like to, this year, chronicle my journey toward wisdom. I will begin with a list of books that I will read in 2007, in hopes of expanding my vocabulary.


"FIRST READS": (in no order--except for #1)
1. Special Topics in Calamity Physics (100 pages...I'll finish before MJ returns from Europe)
2. The Emperor's Children
3. Moral Disorder
4. What is the What
5. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay (roughly 300 pages)
6. To Own a Dragon
7. Dear John
8. The Broker
9. The Innocent Man
10. Brief Interviews with Hideous Men (about 200 pages)
11. East of Eden


"RE-READS":
1. To Kill a Mockingbird
2. The Scarlet Letter
3/4. HP 4 and 5
5. Catcher in the Rye

3 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

I am so impressed with you! Where do you even hear about these books?
Reading makes you smart.

Brent said...

I was wondering the same thing. Where you find these books?

Cathi said...

Maybe we should have a book club. I would love reading all these books. If you want some company on your journey to wisdom let me know. And this would give me an excuse to see you.