Monday, December 18, 2006

Best Week Ever

My job is really never done. (I know, much like the Lord's.)

I spend each week creating a program for our 4 weekend services. There is no "I'll finish this next week"; on Friday, if there are unfinished tasks, I stay until they are done, or work Saturday. It is very easy to see how productive my week was.

Come Friday, the pieces are in place and we "do" the weekend. Tuesday morning, I begin again. My brain is typically in "planning mode" after our Saturday night service. There is no time to waste thinking "Wow. Sure glad that's over." It's more like "Okay, so what are we going to do next weekend?"

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my job. I am energized each week thinking about the planning of the next weekend...semi competition with myself. Can I out-do me?

But, this week, I get a small reprieve and I couldn't be more excited.

No services this weekend or next...NO PLANNING FOR ME!

I "plan" to get a few things done this week, but not to rush. I can finish them next week!

2 comments:

Matt Jensen said...

You deserve a break...You're amazing at what you do!

Julie Hibbard said...

Where oh where did you get that "I have to do everything" attitude in life? Hmmm...I wonder!
Good thing you are so darn GREAT at it!
Can't wait to be SleepING in Seattle!