Sunday, November 05, 2006

Dear Mike Lovato and Taffy

You are changing lives.

This weekend I have seen the product of your involvement in youth ministry.

Mike Lovato, I sat next to a student last night that ran the HSM service (computers: Mediashout, PPT). His name is Zac. He told me that he knows all about Mediashout and PPT because of you. He is 15 years old and choosing to use his computer knowledge, not to hack in to XXX sites, but to serve God each Saturday night. Thank you for having invested in that kid. His life is different because of you. Our church is different because of his changed heart. I miss working alongside of you. Your quiet leadership was such an amazing example to many of our “introverted” adult and student leaders.

Taffy, I could not keep my emotions inside this morning...I was so proud of everything these students have become. I know that it is because of your heart for them. I know that the hours and hours and hours that you have worked alongside of them...teaching them and opening doors of opportunity...that is why they spent this weekend on stage, musically worshipping God. That is why I couldn't keep from tearing up this morning...I am so proud of them. I can't believe that these are the same 11 and 12 year olds that once played terrible drums or sang off-key. Now, they are young adults, leading adults to the throne of God. I am so proud of you. Proud of the role you play in our church. Of the role you play in the lives of these students.

Thank you both. Thank you for being a role model to me in my ministry. Thank you for being a role model to our students. The face of the church will be radically better because of these students who have hearts for God...because of you.

You are changing lives. I've seen the proof.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks. I appreciate it.