Monday, November 27, 2006

Christmas Music

Thanksgiving has passed and thus, the Christmas season is officially upon us.

As a tradition/rule, I begin listening to Christmas music on the day after Thanksgiving.

But this is no ordinary Christmas music enjoyment.

It is all Christmas music, all the time, until Christmas Day. I have 16 Christmas albums (17 after my visit to Target this afternoon) that are on shuffle on my i-Pod day in and day out (I'm not really sure what that expression means, but I think it is used correctly).

I listen to whatever comes on, but my favorites are "What Child is This?" Lyndsey Lloyd Wallace, "Ave Maria" Harry Connick, Jr., and "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays" *NSYNC.

What's your favorite Christmas album?

4 comments:

Johnny Baker said...

Ok, I just got two that are great.

Sufjan Stevens: Songs for Christmas and Johnny Cash's Christmas album. I'm still trying them on, but so far so good.

Harry Connick Jr. is a classic and (I hate to admit it) the Garth Brooks one is pretty good too.

Unknown said...

James Taylor - At Christmas
Lyndsey Lloyd Wallace- Favorite time of year
Sarah McLachlan- Wintersong
Mariah Carey- Merry Christmas

Matt Jensen said...

Punk-A-Rama III and "Heavy Petting Zoo" - NoFX

Jason Pogue said...

MercyMe's THE CHRISTMAS SESSION