Monday, October 16, 2006

RE: September 12, 2006

A few months back, I wrote a post about September 12, 2006 and all of the amazing things that were happening that week. I thought that tonight would be a perfect night to review each of those items.

Katie's Birthday: Katie, Amanda and I spent the afternoon at Burke Williams Spa. It was my first time at a place like this; aside from the 100% naked lady with her butt in my face, I enjoyed the visit. My facial was great and the quiet room was quite enjoyable.

Justin Timberlake Album: I have to say, I don't love it as much as I love (present tense) Justified. I do enjoy Sexy Back and Losing My Way. All in all, I will absolutely purchase any future Justin albums...and I am on alert from Ticketmaster in case he is coming in concert.

John Mayer's Continuum Album: Not only do I enjoy this album, but so does Matt Jensen. John Mayer has been a source of argument since the day that our relationship began. I enjoy listening to Room for Squares and Heavier Things. Matt: not so much. I purchased 2 tickets to see John Mayer/Sheryl Crow and Matt felt inclined to listen to the new album so he would be prepared to see John. Turns out, he loves it. It has been on repeat in his car for about 2 weeks.

Smallville Season 5: I am 2 discs short of finishing this season and beginning the current Season (6), but I have cried at the last 3 episodes I've watched. Darn this show for being so moving...who would've thought? Clark Kent fighting meteor-infected teens doesn't scream tear-jerker, but I have not only teared up, I have red-eyed, stuffy nosed cried at the last 3. I'm hoping it maintains this level of greatness, but moves to a few lighter issues. (I can't tell you what I've cried at, in case people have yet to see these episodes and are planning to.)

So, September 12th was a good day for purchases. I enjoyed all 4 things I paid for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's the same with John Mayer with STEVE! He actually likes continuum and didn't the other two albums. That's exciting.