Sunday, October 08, 2006

I'm batty about Austin

So there are about a 1/2 million bats that live under "Bat Bridge" in Austin, TX...and we are staying at the Raddison that is on that bridge.

We're heading out to see it tonight around 7 o'clock. I am very excited, but also slightly nervous that I might be swarmed and bitten and transformed in to a vampire. Matt Hall insists that things of that nature only happen in Transylvania...but I would say a bat's a bat.

Austin has been fun. Someone told me it was a cross between New York and Orange County...I would say it is exactly as I expected Texas to be; with fewer mechanical bulls and cowboy boots.

Stay tuned for more...

3 comments:

Josh Peters said...

whew - people have tried to sway my dislike for Texas by dangling Austin before me. I'm glad to hear it's all a ruse! Down with Texas!

Matt Jensen said...

Texas shouldn't be a part of America...and I'm only saying this because I am ignorant.

Annie Smith said...

i hate bats!!