Sunday, October 08, 2006

if they asked me, I could write a book

This weekend I have been really thinking about writing a book.

I have a few different options in my head for topics...but I think the basic feel would be 1001 Books to Read Before You Die or The Best 100 Books for our Generation; but very little like these two.

And I know this might be unprofessional of me, but I would NOT put old epic novels on my list. I hated The Odyssey...I hated Once and Future King. (Granted, I read them when I was 13, so my opinion of them could be different now...but I don't think I would re-read them...ever...I have such a terrible taste in my mouth from those books.)

I have been semi-searching Google and Amazon.com for a list or book that is at all similar to the feel of my upcoming bestseller...and my searches have lead to nothing. It seems highly unlikely that a book of this nature has gone unwritten for so long.

Katie Edwards says she will purchase and read this book; even if it is about vaginas or helicopters or worship through dance...three things my books will definitely not include, so she should be at the very least slightly entertained.

If anyone has any connections to non-GROUP non-ZONDERVAN publishing companies, let me know.

2 comments:

Annie Smith said...

today is wednesday and you still haven'blogged..is everything ok? i will let it slide.. but it would be nice to see one today.

Johnny Baker said...

I think you should re-read some of those books you read in jr high. Some of them are great.