Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Guilty Pleasures #6

I love to listen to other people's conversations.

Not in the eaves-drop/gossip way...more in the "how can they think this is interesting" way.

If I am in a public place, chances are I have stopped listening to the people I am actually with, and am now listening to anyone who passes by. Much like Clark Kent's super hearing, I can focus my attention on anyone else's phone call, raging rant, or pointless banter.

Typically I walk away thinking, "What do I talk about that other people think is boring?"

This week: my birthday party. It's all I can think about, and it's all anyone can do to avoid being caught in the line of fire.
I'm aware that it's overkill, but I can't stop myself.

Even I'M glad that the party is Friday so I can shut up about it.

But, it is going to be pretty great.

No comments: