Saturday, September 09, 2006

tonight.

I had a great time this evening. Despite my sleepiness, Matt Jensen convinced me to hang out with some people.
Here's the fun part about this group: all of them are from different 'eras' in my life and they have now fused together to form a group. Two years ago if you had told me that these 4 would be friends...show up in a car together...and hang out without others to unite the pack, I would have said you were joking!

You know the strange feeling in your dream when you look around and you're standing next to your 3rd grade teacher. And behind him is your neighbor. And then the woman at the checkout counter is your local barista? That was this evening. I just kept thinking how random the group was.

Despite the eclectic group, it was a really great night. And a really late night too.
Technically I should be blogging about a favorite restaurant since it is Saturday right now...but I'll save that for noonish.

3 comments:

loisa said...

i'm the third grade teacher, arent' i? damn it, i'm always the third grade teacher.

in other news, up until a few moments ago, i thought this was a picture of you wearing a very large and fancy hat. imagine my surprise to discover a mexican blanket instead.

Annie Smith said...

that was fun and you forgot to mention that you kicked the assner out of guitar hero

Matt Jensen said...

I have to say...that was one good hang last night...much enjoyment was had by me.