Monday, September 25, 2006

Memories...

I went to Elementary School with "The Bee Girl". You know, from the Blind Melon video. Her name was Heather and she was my friend. I saw her about a year ago and we talked for a bit. She's super nice...and I think she was applying to volunteer in Children's ministry last time I saw her.

That is just the precursor to my memory.

In 1st grade each student is assigned a 6th grade "buddy". The buddy will visit once a week, for an hour, and read to you or draw or tell stories. My 6th grade buddy: the Bee Girl's sister. She was very nice. I do remember that she was always friendly and semi-helpful with my studies. But the thing that stands out most in my mind was her smell.

She smelled exactly like sausage. Every Friday morning when our buddies came around there it was; it was as if their Friday tradition was McDonald's breakfast sandwiches.

This is the kind of thing that fill my mind...this, and every birthday of every friend I've ever had...oh, and a lot of old phone numbers.

2 comments:

Annie Smith said...

im jealous i would like to be friends with the bee girl

yazz said...

me too:-(. i was a bee in kindergarten.