Sunday, September 24, 2006

2001 Pulitzer Prize Finalist and Winner

One of the best books I have ever read is A Heart-Breaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers.

Last night, I was searching Amazon.co.uk to see if I could purchase a few British versions of the book for some friends. As I was looking, I saw the "Pulitzer Prize Finalist" sticker on the cover. I remember having seen this before, but I had never taken the time to check to see what book received the prize in 2001.

Turns out it was The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon. My friend Alan gave me this book about 2 months ago, I took it to London, but have yet to finish reading it.

I called Alan right away. What a coincidence. His favorite book beat out mine for the Pulitzer Prize.
Not bad taste in literature, Alan.

Two great reads if you are looking...

3 comments:

Matt Jensen said...

I wish I could read...sounds like a lot of fun :-(

yazz said...

I was just told to read those books. Funny. Hey I'm blogging more now, you inspired me. Hope all is well! I miss seeing you around.

yazz said...

definitely agreed. the blinds are closed. it sucks having one window and flourescent lights that are awful. some natural light is always nice. clothes off. blinds closed.