Saturday, August 12, 2006

My favorite restaurants in the whole world

When Matt or I tell someone we went to London, one of the questions they typically ask is, "How's the food? I've heard it's disgusting". Well my uncultured friend, you would be incorrect. Technically, anywhere you go could have disgusting food...it all depends on where you eat. If you came to CA and only ate Del Taco and Miguel's, then, to you, CA would have terrible food.

So, I would like to take a moment each Saturday to tell you about one of my favorite restaurants in the whole wide world. This way, you have no excuses when you travel to other states or countries, but to enjoy the local eateries and leave satisfied.

We will begin our Festival of Food in New York City, seeing as I just returned from a brief visit.

One of my favorite restaurants in all of NYC is Dallas BBQ.

For just $6.99 you can have yourself a half chicken, smothered in bbq sauce and served with fries or a potato and some cornbread. For rib lovers, that half chicken can be accompanied with a rack of ribs for just a few dollars more.

That's right my friend, a whole meal...too much for even Matt Jensen...for under $15.

Oh, and that $15 includes a "Texas-size" soda (which is the biggest soda you will find in any New York restaurant...believe me, I've asked).

Here is a picture of me and my dad enjoying said dinner. Note the Texas-size drinks, as well as the "onion loaf", a large piling of onion rings served in a dome formation. (In this picture it is almost gone...we hadn't eaten all day)



Until next Saturday...eat now, thank me later.

1 comment:

Josh Peters said...

brilliant... i might steal this. ok, i probably won't but i'm looking forward to London eateries.

RIP Black Widow