Saturday, July 15, 2006

An easy way to make some money

About a year ago, maybe more, a friend of mine called to see if I would come and record a song that he wrote and wanted to pitch to Disney. So I spent about 2 hours learning and recording this song...and went home with a little money in my pocket. Not too shabby.

About a month later I get a call from that same friend telling me that Disney loved the song and I should be getting a call soon from someone in the company. Turns out they were planning to use the songs during the end credits of the Disney Channel movie "Stuck in the Suburbs". They liked my voice and said had they not already promised the song to Anneliese van der Pol, they would have kept my voice as the main vocals. But since she was promised, they were keeping my background vocals. Still pretty dang cool.

So I filled out some paperwork, sent them my vocal resume, etc...and they send me money each time the movie plays on the Disney Channel. It's a great deal. I sang for two or three hours, a year ago, and they pay me every six months. It's not a ton of money, but it still a nice surprise.

Oh, here's the song, in case you want to hear Disney genius. You can not hear my vocals at all, which makes the payment even funnier!


1 comment:

Mike Lovato said...

I think I hear you...was that a "yeeaah" in there?