Friday, June 01, 2012

There Must Be More Than This



My goodness, it was incredible. I was challenged, encouraged and inspired from chapter one on. Last night, as I was reading through the passages I underlined, I thought I'd share a short excerpt with you...you know, just in case you needed a little nudge toward picking up a copy.
'I saw, moreover, that it was not my good frame of heart that made my righteousness better, not yet my bad frame that made my righteousness worse; for my righteousness was Jesus Christ Himself, the same yesterday, the same and forever. [...] Now Christ was all; all my wisdom, all my righteousness, all my sanctification, all my redemption.' (--John Bunyan)
Oh, how different our lives would be, how free from anxiety, depression, jealousy, and discontent, how full of joy and praise, how easy to pray, how quick to praise, if only we could get a grasp of what God has done for us, given us, made us in Christ. But we need the Spirit to take the Word of God and break through those years of lies and sin to help us truly know what He has laud up for us in our heavenly chests. (p.72)
If you have read it--or read it soon--I'd love to hear your thoughts!

1 comment:

Josh Treece said...

Added to my wish list que! Thanks for the recommendation!