Thursday, January 19, 2012

Love Lifts Us Up Where We Belong...

My friends and I often joke about our "Love Languages"

I think it began when Bre said,
"I don't care about getting gifts,
I just like when people want to talk about me."

I had assumed that my primary love language was gifts,
since I love to receive "saw this and thought of you" presents.

I hadn't given much thought to my secondary love language
until today.

I had one of the most affirming conversations
with a new friend and co-worker.

I left his office and had to stop to write down
some of the things he had said to make sure
that I would really hear and receive his words.

It made me rethink just how much I love
and need
words of affirmation.

So, I decided to take the 5 Love Languages
it was free.
and took about 8 minutes.

It pretty much confirmed what I already knew,
though I do like this explanation:

And never knew that I cared so much about
Acts of Service.

Maybe that's why I was so stoked
on my friends that helped me move?

Take the test...
I'd love to hear what your love languages are!

No comments: