Thursday, April 14, 2011

Jascha Heifetz

I've been listening to Classical KUSC on the radio...all the time.
Seriously, I only want to listen to classical music nowadays. (I have no idea how that came about...it's akin to my sudden love for orange juice.)

This morning, they were playing pieces by Jascha Heifetz, calling him the world's most renowned violinist. Which, of course, is really intriguing to me...

I'm also really intrigued by the era of the Second World War. I'm so interested that life continued for those that were not fighting in the war. People made movies and music, they went to school. (I knew that was happening, but knowing all the chaos that happened during those years, it's fascinating to me.)

So having discovered that Jascha played in mess halls for the soldiers, only makes me want to see this movie even more.

1 comment:

blythe said...

Reminds me of The Pianist- did you see that? Not sure if that's a good comparison, but it's what came to mind. You'll have to let me know if you see the film about Jascha Heifetz! :]