Monday, June 01, 2009

Non-Parents Just Don't Understand

I've been staying with two kids this week.
I'm not technically babysitting because they are 6th grade and 9th grade.

But, I'll tell you, having kids is exhausting.

Even just waking up early to get them to school...
Then there's making sure they aren't packing just chips and a soda for lunch.
Or trying to stop them from riding down a skateboard ramp with three people on the longboard.

I'm laying in bed right now, it's 10:37, and I can barely keep my eyes open.

And I will do it all over again tomorrow.

I'm not complaining...these kids are self-sufficient and totally well-behaved...I'm just amazed at how tiring it is...imagine having two babies! {no thank you!}

2 comments:

Brandi Najm said...

wanna come take mine for a few days....then you will need a LONG vacation!!!

Scott and Katelyn said...

amen!!