Saturday, April 18, 2009

Ashton Kutcher vs. CNN

This week, Ashton Kutcher raced CNN to become the first person to have over 1 million followers on Twitter.



I watched this video last night and think it's pretty interesting for a few reasons:

1) It is a one-shot. No editing, no scripting...and it's great. But I was thinking, I can't imagine celebrities--even five years ago--putting out videos like this...until recently (and even some still today), there was a desire to seem articulate, put together...I love to watch videos like this, though. I really enjoy the part in this when Ashton is trying to do fast math in his head and just smiles because he knows he won't figure it out..."do that math"

2) I love the last two minutes of this video. I think his take on social media is really intriguing.

3) I love the cause...When he reached 1 million, there was a prize for that specific follower, but also 10,000 mosquito nets were given by this organization, Malaria No More. And Here is a short description of how malaria is spread, what the symptoms look like and what happens when the disease goes untreated.

So, if you want to give to Malaria No More, it's not super expensive...and mosquito nets really can save lives.


"fight malaria together...because together we can...nah, I'm not gonna say that"--Ashton Kutcher

No comments: