Sunday, March 01, 2009

Geographically Ignorant

I'm in Ohio right now...

This morning I was going to say something about being in the Midwest and then I realized, I wasn't totally sure I was in the Midwest.

Let me clarify: It wasn't that I was unsure whether or not Ohio qualifies as the Midwest...it was more that I had NO idea where Ohio was located in America.


So, I looked it up. And here's the map I found...
Hmmm...That's not even close to where I would have put Ohio. I think I would have switched it with Iowa or Missouri. (Sorry, Mr. Mimal!)The question still remains as to whether or not I am in the Midwest...but I'm definitely not in the West...or on the East coast...maybe I should check to see which TV time-zone we're in...that might help...

5 comments:

ali said...

do you mean michigan, not missouri? missouri is in the south...

Gina Vistaunet said...

That's very sad the you are geographically ignorant.

Gina Vistaunet said...

the = that

P.E.A.S.E. Plan 2.0 said...

Ohio would only BE so lucky as to switch places with a superior state such as Missouri. And don't listen to Ali -- she knows not what she speaks.

Mike Lovato said...

to answer your original question, yes ohio is considered the midwest, as is missouri (not the south). go ny further east than ohio and you have left the midwest.