Thursday, February 26, 2009

Oh, Stripey Sweaters...

Tonight as I sat in the lobby, a group of young guys (quite possibly a bunch of youth pastors) walked by.

I did a double-take and then laughed at myself...

I was sitting alone, waiting for Griff and Jake to meet me for dinner...so I had some spare time...

I made this list.

I (inevitably) double-take* for most males that meet this description:
Beard
Between twenty-two and thirty-two
Glasses**
Decent Shoes (No sandals or Pumas--I saw a lot of Puma today)
Stripey Sweater***

*The double-take is not necessarily a "maybe I could date this guy" second look. Sometimes it is a nod to his attire...sometimes it is because he looks like someone I know...sometimes it's because I am trying to hear what they are talking about (most commonly, this is the reason), and sometimes it is because I think "I'd like to have a boyfriend that looks like that"

**Glasses are not a must, but are an added bonus

***Stripey sweater counts more than all the others...well, maybe not more than beard.

2 comments:

ali said...

there's a boy at chapman that wears stripy sweaters.
he also looks like mike seaver.

we're getting married in 6 years, save the date.

Julie Hibbard said...

ask them if their dad is single.