Sunday, December 28, 2008

2008 Questions

I've done this same survey for the last two years...so, why not once more?

1) What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Moved to Kenya, helped open the Refinery, ran programming point for PDYM SLC, washed my clothes in a basin, rode a bus to N. Kenya, watched a chicken slaughtered, rode an ostrich and a camel, celebrated Christmas away from home

2) Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I've had the same resolution for the last two years: to be smarter. I think I've manage to keep it

3) Did anyone close to you give birth?
SO many people: Sue, Amanda, Erin, Nats, Jana, Courtney, Nicole...

4) Did anyone close to you die?
Yep, my Nana

5) What countries did you visit?
Kenya and England

6) What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A smaller dress size, a grasp on the Swahili language--same as last year...

7) What date(s) from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Oh gosh...so many...for ridiculous reasons

8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Moving to Kenya...I didn't win any awards or even any medals...which I would consider to be achievements...so I'm not sure I know...I acheived most of my 25 things while I'm 25 list...that's a something.

9) Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope. I think I have an immune system of steel...and I don't do many crazy things that would cause injury.

10) What was the best thing you bought?
My Christian Louboutins

11) Whose behavior merited celebration?
What a strange question...I guess I would celebrate Josh Pease for his help with SLC...I would also celebrate Luke and Katie Shannon and the Edward for helping me move my entire life around in trucks...

12) Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Again, what a crazy question...I could say I was depressed at some of the Oasis boys sniffing glue...

13) Where did most of your money go?
Rent, Urban Outfitters, Starbucks, Kenya.

14) What did you get really, really, really excited about?
SLC, moving to Kenya, Katie and Ryanne's visit

15) What song will always remind you of 2008?
"Somebody Loved" by The Weepies, "No One Like You" by P Squared, "Winter Song" by Sara Bareilles & Ingrid Michelson

16) Compared to this time last year, are you: Wiser? Yes Healthier? Slightly... Richer? Definitely not

17) What do you wish you'd done more of?
Sat outside

18) What do you wish you'd done less of?
Complained

19) How did you spend Christmas?
We went to Oasis' Christmas on Christmas Eve Eve. On Christmas Eve, I drew pictures to decorate the house and we had a dinner for 13. On Christmas Day, we went to church and then had dinner with the Oasis House boys while watching Harry Potter 4.

20) Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes, sort of...but I fall in love pretty quickly

21) What was your favorite TV program?
Grey's, The Office, Gossip Girl, How I Met Your Mother, Alias, Project Runway

22) Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
So many people...No, not really

23) What was the best book you read?
History of Love

24) What was your greatest musical discovery?
Classical music (Thank you, Dom)

25) What did you want and get?
A kiss, the chance to be a bridesmaid, to move to Kenya, a job with PDYM

26) What did you want and not get?
I'm not sure.

27) What was your favorite film of this year?
Dark Knight

28) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
26, I rode an ostrich and had home-made tortilla chips...I know, what a party animal.

29) Which celebrity/public figure did you like the most?
Michael Vartan, The Sartorialist

30) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
The first half: dresses and heels. The second half: jeans and t-shirts

31) What kept you sane?
Chris. TV on DVD. Books.

32) Who did you miss?
My friends and family


33) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Wherever you go, there you are...thank you, Mike Brady

34) What did you gain this year?
A few pounds

35) What did you lose this year?
A few pounds

36) Who was the best new person you met?
I'm not sure I can pick just one...but I sure love Bushuru.

37) Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"I miss you more than I should, than I thought I would...can't get my mind off of you."

No comments: