Sunday, September 21, 2008

Mosquit-Oh no!

Last night, as I lay awake trying to decide between being eaten by the mosquito I could hear in my ear and sweating to death under the covers...I remembered a story about mosquitoes.

The summer before 6th grade, I went to camp. This was the same camp at which I got homesick, threw up in the tent (and my counselor told me to go outside--not sad or helpful--since she had just been broken-up with by her boyfriend Jeff Maguire), the next morning I was sick again at breakfast and met Katie Edwards in the bathroom (and she's been my best friend ever since) also, the same camp that I did not wear a bright yellow sweat suit (even though Katie is convinced I did...that was Autumn from my cabin and I can prove it from the camp photo).

Anyway--the mosquito part.

Last night, I remembered sitting at the breakfast table listening to a girl from my cabin tell a story. But, I wasn't actually listening because she had a mosquito on her face and all I could do was watch it--I didn't even tell her.

I thought, as I lay there last night, that I wish I could remember her name so I could "publicly" apologize...then, I thought, if I didn't tell her, then it probably happened to me and she didn't tell me...So forget it, mosquito-faced girl, I'm not sorry.

1 comment:

Kate E said...

You are lying - I remember. And I am smarter than you