Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Twisty, Cinnamon-Colored Memories

When I was in 5th grade, we had a class-wide competition (I don't remember what it was). The prize was an off-campus lunch with my teacher and two friends. A lunch at Taco Bell. One day, I won. Eat it Mrs. Sargent's Fifth-and-Sixth-grade-combo classmates!

I had completely forgotten about this day...until last night.

I took my C-Group to Taco Bell and one of the girls ordered cinnamon twists...I took one bite and was whisked away to that day at the Taco Bell by my Elementary school (that doesn't exist anymore), sitting with Mrs. Sargent, thinking I was awesome...

And I was...I really was...

3 comments:

Jessica Torres said...

I really love food memories...
the smell, taste...takes you back.

P.S. You're still pretty awesome :)

Insured Asset Solutions said...

YESS! How funny, I just finished eating those 45 minutes ago. I haven't eaten there in years and then today I was like, "Yummy, Taco Bell!"

Heather Leith said...

i went to taco bell with my 5th grade teacher and two friends as a prize too!!!