Friday, February 08, 2008

I Love My Shuffle

I bring my shuffle to work each day...I really love to put my headphones in, clip the shuffle to my shirt and get wisked away to a land of songs I love in no particular order. (This last statement has caused me to be the punchline of many jokes this week..."Cool i-Pod" or "The shuffle is the pocket protector of this generation" or "Wow. You look awesome wearing that")

Mock me all you want. Today, I was really pleased with the choices it made for me:

"Follow You Down" by Gin Blossoms

"I'm Gonna Be (500 miles)" by The Proclaimers

"Mr. Jones and Me" by Counting Crows

"Robber" by Summer Wilshire

"Preying Open Skies" by Radio Gaijin

I loaded it up with songs I love so everytime a new song starts I think, "Oh, I love this song"...

9 comments:

Gina Vistaunet said...

I too, have a shuffle and every song on it is hand picked by me. At the start of every song I say, "I love this song". The boys think I'm gay, but I don't care!!!

Julie Hibbard said...

My iPod is on morning, noon and night. In my house and in my car...and I am laughing out loud right now because I ALWAYS hear myself saying, "OH I LOVE this song!"
Even to the 2500 songs I have on it!
It MUST be in our blood...

Jake Rutenbar said...

You're down with the Gaijin...I forgot how cool you were.

Bethany said...

I just enjoy watching Brian get angry with you for not acknowledging him when he's talking to you...quickly realizing that you have your head phones on.

Heather Leith said...

I always thought casting crows was a made up band from that full house episode.

????

but then is there a casting CROWNS too??

Ryanne said...

You have actually inspored me...I kind of want one.

sunshine said...

uhmmm come see my musical, back to the 80s, the second song on you list is in it!!! haha

David Hughes said...

dang...what a bangin playlist ;)

i could go for some gaijin right now...or some friggin counting crows

joshpease said...

This is the first time I've been quoted in your blog ... and I stand by the statement