Monday, January 21, 2008

Wildside Bowl '08

Yesterday, the Droopys won the Wildside Bowl.

There have already been posts written on about a dozen blogs, with more to come, I'm sure...but here are my highlights:
  • Hanging with a few "Old School" Droopys (Jordan, Marky--even an appearance by Lips and Omelet)
  • Standing on the sidelines between two great teams, with really fun students, supportive and excited parents and super devoted leaders (not to mention my co-leaders).

  • David's pre-game "inspirational speech" ending with a 1-2-3 "That's too many letters" team cry.
  • Our students...I'm sure it helped that we won every game (by quite a bit), but they were such a team--cheering, laughing, encouraging--passing, intercepting, pulling flags...it was so fun to watch
  • Mark's outfit (I walked away one vest richer)
  • Virus' dance moves, General's harmonica playing
  • The Kurt look-alike
  • David's frustration when Black and Gold lost
  • Ali's face in this picture
I'll admit, I used to hate the Wildside Bowl...but this year, I loved every minute...I wish we had another this year!

2 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

GREAT photos! So glad you had a good time! I'd love to see your new vest!

Jaclyn Parker said...

good times, good times