Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My New York Va-KATE-tion, Day One


That's right, I'm in New York with my friend Katie.
Today started really early (a 6:45 flight), but we are ending it in New York, so I think that's worth the loss of a few hours sleep.

After a few flights and a taxi ride, we were in our hotel.
We freshened up and set out for a night on the town.
(Note: It is currently 11pm and I have already been in my pajamas for over an hour...so much for a big night on the town!)

On our walk to dinner, we saw Alan Cummings, whose name I couldn't think of, so I told Katie to turn around because Nightcrawler was behind us.
We had dinner at Dallas BBQ...so tasty...
We shopped at Urban Outfitters, and the Hershey's store (it was just on an episode of Project Runway). It's about 34 degrees, so it's not too bad in a jacket...our hands and faces are pretty cold, though!

Tomorrow we're having lunch at Serendipity!
I know you're jealous, but I'll bring you back something great!

11 comments:

kayla rae said...

Oh, Serendipity is my favorite!

Julie Hibbard said...

I am SO SO jealous! Dallas Bar B Q is the best!!! Hope you had one of those giant cokes!!
Seriously, I AM jealous! I wish I was there with you guys...I'm in a New York state of mind!!
I HEART NY!
and you...

sunshine said...

ah soo so GOOD! serendipity!!! that should be awesome!! i cant wait to see pictures!!! have a great trip love!

Janelle Kelly said...

yaaay! that sounds like fun
take lots of pictures :]

Heather McTaggart said...

We ate at Dallas BBQ 4 TIMES when we took 19 high school students last year...IT'S SO YUMMY! Hope you have a marvelous, fantastic, memory building time! Can't wait for the daily pics and blog! STAY WARM!

Eliane said...

I am jealous for sure!
Few weeks ago your Mom told me she would like for us to go to New York . I so want to go. You guys makes me want to see New York.

Jessica Torres said...

Oh...I am so jealous!

Watching Grey's on DVD doesn't even compare...boo!

Luke St.Hilaire said...

ooo i hate that guy so much

he was also the ugly annoying martian thing in that flintstones movie

Ryanne said...

I am toally jealous.

Ryanne said...

Booo. I spelled a word wrong.

Heather Leith said...

ooh! i watched that Project Runway last night!! Sooo great. I love this season.