Monday, December 03, 2007

Mom Question

I had a few friends over tonight and I made grilled cheese and tomato soup.
I stopped at Target to purchase cheese, and then had a two hour meeting.
So, I wasn't sure how that would work out...

I stopped a lady (who looked like a mom) and said, "Can I ask you a mom question?" She said, "Sure" (nervous at what my question might be)

I said, "How long can I leave this cheese in the car and still have it be okay?"

She said, "Well, not too long...like you want to leave it over-night?"

"No, 2 hours"

"Oh, that's fine"

"Okay, thanks for your help"

I really appreciate helpful strangers.
I wish I knew more about the rules of food preservation.

5 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

What you can do next time too, is buy a bag of frozen peas or something similar and keep the cheese wrapped up next to it for those two hours.
That's another little mom trick for ya.

PETE Di LALLO said...

I love your Mom...

Heather McTaggart said...

call me...food questions are my specialty! or better yet...text me!

Gina Vistaunet said...

I had to find a mom at the market the other day myself and I am a mom. I had to find corn syrup. I had no idea where it was. I looked by the cooking oil, but it wasn't there. I asked a lady who looked liked she cooked (if you know what I mean) and she said its by the cake mixes. I said, by the cake mixes???????? Thank God she was there or I would still be at Ralphs walking up and down the isles.

sunshine said...

every time allison, every time... you just make me like you more and more. wow you are my favorite...insert big awkward grin here...