Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I Heart Reali-TV

I know...I sound like a loser...but please, hear me out.

I don't love the ridiculous "fall in love" reality shows. I did not watch one episode of "Rock of Love" or "Tila Tequila"...I was forced (almost literally) in to watching the finale of this season's "The Bachelor"...and I have never really loved Real World, Road Rules or Big Brother (except for the British Big Brother--remember that Josh Peters?)

But, each week I get really excited for:

The Amazing Race...
I love the travel, I love to see new places...and add to my list of places I want to go...I would LOVE to be on this show, but I think I'd have to learn to run first.

The Biggest Loser...
I have cried at the last three episodes of this show...I love that each person is choosing to change their life. And that they are so happy about it. Last night, as each person climbed on the scale and burst in to tears over their weight loss, I couldn't help but cry alongside of them. I love that they will have such better lives because of this show.

Project Runway...
I'm totally new to this show. I watched a marathon of a previous season just before this season started...and now I love it. I love that they have to create a look from scratch...The creativity, the colors, the drama, the inevitable tears from Ricky...oh so good.


**We watched the season premiere of CROWNED tonight...it may be added to my list of shows simply because of how over-the-top and ridiculous it was**

6 comments:

Allison Murray said...

i'll go on amazing race with you!!!
I'll do the running...you do the smart travely stuff. (i realize travely isnt a word....but it just fit....right??)

Matt Jensen said...

I forgot the amazing race existed. When did/is the new season start/starting?

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

I watch all of these shows and yes, I've cried each week watching Biggest Loser too! Isabeau HAS to win!!!

I may stop watching project runway because I want to punch Christian in the face...I can't STAND him.

The Maguires said...

I just want to say...you weren't completely FORCED into watching the Bachelor. You could have closed your eyes.
signed
Your Bachelor-Hostage-Taker,
amanda

P.S-You really are a TV Ho...but if you are the ho, I'm the pimp:)

PETE Di LALLO said...

You guys watch way too much TV...

TSHarrison said...

Don't forget to add Beauty and the Geek.